To download files to your computer...
- Click on a file name in the table
- Select Save As from the dialog box
- Save the file to an easy-to-find folder on your computer such as C:\FFT5
Files can only be downloaded one at a time.
Toolbox installation requires a Microsoft operating system of Windows 7 SP1 or later,
or a Macintosh OS with a Windows emulator, and at least 100MB of hard disk space and 512MB of RAM.
Toolbox uses .NET Framework 4.7 which may need to be installed on
non Windows 10 machines; it requires 4.5G of hard disk space to install.
Which files to download
The above table contains the Toolbox installation file Setup_FFT5xxx.msi,
self-extracting support archives INSTALL_EXTRAS, HELP and DATA , and two information files Getting_Started.pdf & ThisVersion.txt.
- Setup_FFT5xxx.msi is the main installation file.
- INSTALL_EXTRAS contains additional software which may be required.
- HELP contains context sensitive videos and manuals.
- DATA contains databases and imagery used by some of the Toolbox programs.
If an old version of Toolbox 5 is installed on your computer, then you may only need to download Setup_FFT5xxx.msi - you may already have the help and data files.
If Toolbox 5 has not previously been installed on your computer, then download all the items.
It is recommended that all Toolbox packages be downloaded into an easy-to-find folder on your computer such as C:\FFT5.
The contents of the INSTALL_EXTRAS, HELP and DATA archive packages should be extracted to the same download folder using double-click.
- If you have an old working version of Toolbox, backup valuable data to a non-program folder using Toolbox menus File|Backup or File|Save As...
- If you are upgrading HELP and have old help files on your hard drive, then delete them – search for the file “1 Introduction to Toolbox video.exe” and delete the parent Help\... folder.
- Uninstall the old version of Toolbox using Control Panel|Programs|Uninstall_a_program.
Toolbox requires two support systems called .NET Framework 4.7 and the Access Database Engine (in INSTALL_EXTRAS).
You may already have these, so a good installation strategy is to install Setup_FFT5xxx.msi and then run Toolbox to see if it works.
If it doesn't run properly, then see Possible Running Problems below.
To install Setup_FFT5xxx.msi:
- Double-click Setup_FFT5xxx.msi.
- Follow the instructions on the screen
Possible running problems
- If .NET Framework 4.7 cannot be found, then install the file in INSTALL_EXTRAS\DotNetFX47
- If a database error or the following arises...
Connecting to help and data files
Selecting any Help menu in Toolbox may initally prompt you to locate the Help or Help\Video folder. If you downloaded HELP and extracted its contents,
then these folders will be where you downloaded them. You only have to locate help and data folders once - Toolbox will remember where they are.
For further problems...